Y’all – if you’re looking for a super easy, cheap and RIDIC delicious meal, then this one is for you! This is the recipe my momma has used forever and I’m so excited to share it with you! It’s so perfect for a momma on the go or anyone who likes to toss everything in a Crockpot and just “set it and forget it!” Plus, the entire thing only costs about $12 total for about 4 servings (although I always double the recipe because even me – the self-proclaimed leftover-hater – LOVES these as leftovers. Maybe they’re even better the next day??) I made these last night and I’m already wondering if 8:33am is too early for lunch?
- 1 package beef stew meat *I usually cut the pieces in half or thirds because unless you’re my caveman husband, the ‘bite sized’ pieces they cut at the butcher are always way too huge for me.
- 1 package mushrooms (totally optional, but I use Baby Bellas…pre-cut…because I’m all about being lazy these days)
- 1 can Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup (you can substitute French Onion soup if you can’t find the Golden Mushroom)
- 1 can Campbell’s Beef Consomme soup (you can also substitute beef broth if you can’t find the consomme)
D I R E C T I O N S
- Mix together the 2 soups in a mixing bowl.
- Add meat and mushrooms and stir to coat everything.
- Put the Crockpot liner in the Crockpot (trust me, it’s not a necessity, but SO TOTALLY WORTH IT when all you have to do to clean up is take the bag out and toss it. Again, lazy).
- SET IT* AND FORGET IT (that slogan will never get old)
*Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Seriously – that’s it. Your house will smell AMAZING, and your family will love it! I promise! I serve it over rice or egg noodles, but I’m pretty sure you could put it over a piece of cardboard and it would still be good.
E N J O Y ! ! !